Visit Oakland Spine and Rehab

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What You Tell Yourself Is What You Get!

I see it all the time - a new patient walks in the door with a BIG problem, but an even BIGGER chip on their shoulder. Instead of being excited about the prospect of getting well again and rebuilding their health they say "I don't have the time to get here" or "I've gone to other doctors before and it didn't help" or "I can't afford it". Or whatever. Now, truly there are those that cannot get here or cannot afford to pay for the care we provide, but those few people PALE in comparison to those who use it as an excuse so that THEY don't have to change their habits and take CONTROL over their own health.

On the other hand, I have patients who walk in and say , "No one has ever explained my problem this way before" or "I have been to other chiropractors, but have never seen this type of care" or even "Doc, I trust you. Just get me better. I don't care what it takes". These are the people who see the devastation that happens to one's life when they are in chronic pain. These people see the COST of not being well and are willing to do whatever it takes to get better AND have a great attitude about it. These are the patients who ALWAYS get better results and get better faster.

Is it possible that the biggest difference between them is what they tell themselves? Is it possible that someone's attitude and acceptance and devotion and refusal to accept excuses can make the difference between another miracle at Oakland Spine and a patient who sees few results and quits BEFORE their body ever had a chance to heal? ABSOLUTELY! I am a tremendous believer that my patients who believe in me and my team and the superior product we provide will beat the nay-sayers every time and twice on Sunday. Our attitude affects every part of our life, including our health. Attitude can make the difference between a great marriage and a bad one, a great job and one you hate, a great day and an excuse to have another miserable day.

CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY! CHOOSE TO BE HEALTHY! CHOOSE TO GET BETTER - and then, when others look at you and at how great you look, tell them you decided to have a great attitude and to take control over rebuilding your health.